Monday, May 25, 2009

Maiden voyage!






I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with my blogging. Spring is such a busy time of year for my gardening business. On top of that, I have a trailer that needed to be finished by mid-May. A big vintage trailer rally was scheduled for the weekend of May 15th in Pismo Beach, CA. I was determined to be rally-ready and looking good by then!
One thing I wanted to do was a trial run in the RR. I'd rather work out any problems while I'm close to home and not 350 miles down the coast. April 17th I went to Spring Lake Campground in Santa Rosa for 2 nights. Urban camping - but it would serve the purpose. I threw in a few essentials (a good book and a chair!) and off I went. I noticed immediately that I was getting a lot of bounce while towing the RR. When I returned home, I consulted with my fellow trailerites and learned that I needed to load more weight to the forward part of the trailer. I also made a list of things to do and things to pack. Overall, it was a grand success. After over 6 months of hard work, I was finally able to sleep in my little trailer! Hopefully, this was only the first of many more adventures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment