Wednesday, May 27, 2009

1000 loose ends






With just a few weeks until the rally, I had a long list of small projects to finish on the RR. It is the tedious tasks that I hate the most. So I made a bargain with myself. Do 1 or 2 of the less desirable things on the list, then do something fun.
I needed to trim all the excess butyl putty tape from the drip railings and seal any gaps with a special elastomeric caulking. HATED IT. Then I spray painted the wheels. FUN! I scraped all the loose paint from the frame. HATED IT. Then I painted the exposed parts of the frame. FUN! I had to reposition the drip cap over the door (I'll spare you the long story on this - it has to do with the door not being aligned quite right). HATED IT. Then I measured, cut and finished a wooden board to cover my sink. REALLY FUN! You get the idea? :) It was all about staying motivated at this point.
My big reward came when I got to pack some things into the RR. I put all my avocado and gold melamine dishes in the cupboard above the sink. All the pots and pans went below the oven. I have several boxes of "camp essentials" in the cupboards above the table. This is everything from extra batteries, electrical tape, waterproof matches and first aid kit to playing cards and my backgammon board. I would have been such a good girl scout!
With my list getting shorter and with time running out, I could actually see light at the end of the tunnel. Everything seems to get falling into place right on time. Now if I could survive the last week without any major incidents!



No comments:

Post a Comment