Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Down time

After my big burst of energy 10 days ago, I've been a bit slower with my work on the RR. Last weekend I removed some of the interior light fixtures. I wanted to see if they could be cleaned up and polished. I also started on the VERY tedious task of scraping off all of the old butyl putty tape. This putty, which now has the consistency of 46 year old chewing gum, was used to seal all the seams, trim pieces and window frames. I calculated that there is 1,740" of this stuff on my trailer. Seriously. Removing it completely is damn near impossible. After a trip to the hardware store for several different types of putty knives, I realised that it was good old fashioned elbow grease and patience that was needed. Too bad the store was fresh outta that.
So I did what all real women do when faced with frustration ... I went shopping! No, not at Macy's. Home Depot!! I decided the best thing for me was to make a major tool purchase. Not just a new hammer or tape measure. A brand new table saw. They had one on close out (at least I was budget-conscious when making my impulse purchase) that would fit the bill. I had failed to mention earlier in my BLOG that previously, all the lumber and paneling had been cut with a jig saw. Now I bet you are really impressed. Just don't take a "T" square to anything! I felt really butch wheeling that new saw out to my truck. I still haven't cut anything with it yet. But it does look great sitting on my worktable.
Then I got in touch with my feminine side. I made a decision on the fabric for my beloved curtains!!! I found this great fabric store online. They had a perfect match for the RR. Click on this link if you'd like to see my choice: http://www.jandofabrics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ato000188.
I happily measured all my windows and envisioned how lovely they will look with the new curtains. Its all in the accessories, right Ladies? I might even make myself a matching apron .... ok, maybe thats a bit of a stretch! At least I'm still having fun with the entire process - inside and out!





No comments:

Post a Comment