Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm expecting!


That's right, friends. I have a new baby due to arrive tomorrow. Not a human baby (been there, done that), not a puppy (although I would REALLY like one!), but a tiny new vintage travel trailer!!! You were all correct when you thought I had a bad case of aluminitus. Now here is the proof!
My friends Paul and Caroline who sold me the RR had the sweetest Dalton posted for sale on their web site. When I wrote to them and inquired about it, Paul told me they had changed their minds and wanted to keep it. I kicked and screamed that I wanted a Dalton. I even sent him the photos of my grandparent's late 50's Dalton as proof that we belonged together. No luck. Then he mentioned a little canned ham that was available. The old bait and switch. Damn ... well, it worked! I had actually looked at this trailer last September when I purchased the RR. I remember thinking it was tiny and needed alot of work. All that still rings true. Paul has no idea as to what year it was made or who manufactured it. A real mystery! All I know is that it is a canned ham, about 12' long and I'll be bringing it home tomorrow. Yipee!!
Not meaning to neglect my first love , I have arranged with my friends Patty and Ron to park the RR on their property. It will be kept company by their ginormous 80's travel trailer and a Kubota tractor. It is a lovely setting near a creek and under the oaks. And for probably the next year while I'm working on the new project, the RR and I will still have our monthly camp trips. When you love all things aluminum as much as I do, there is always room in your heart for one more!

No comments:

Post a Comment