Friday, June 19, 2009

R & R for the RR


After a wonderful but exhausting long weekend at the Pismo rally, I was lucky to have some down time. I headed south to Refugio State Beach, located about 20 miles north of Santa Barbara. I had camped there once before and found it to be 1 of my 2 favorite campgrounds in California. Located right on the sand, the beach stretches for miles. At low tide, there are some amazing tide pools with lots sea shells for collecting! Dolphins frequently swim up and down the coast, right off shore. What more could I ask for?? I stayed for 5 nights. I caught up on my quiet time, read several good books and took 2 long walks each day. Ah, this is the life!
I was very comfortable camping in my little trailer. I am becoming really attached to the RR. In the beginning, I thought I'd just use it as my "guinea pig". Fix it up a bit, learn some new skills and then look for my "forever trailer". Now I'm not so sure. I would really like a Dalton for sentimental reasons. Or a 50's Shasta. I do still look at Craigslist and E Bay. If the right opportunity presented itself, I'd probably jump on it! But for now, I'm very happy with my canned ham. And with a camp trip planned for every month thru October, who has time for all that hard work?!

No comments:

Post a Comment